A New Kind of School
Imagine a new kind of school for your child. Imagine a school where his or her personal learning style, talents, strengths and weaknesses are all considered in crafting an individualized education. A school where learning is continuous and every student may advance at his or her own pace, with quality, personalized instruction and support. Imagine a school designed to see every student succeed, finishing with not only a high school diploma but also a college associate degree.
That is the exciting new idea for education that is Jackson Preparatory & Early College, which opened in the fall of 2014 as a new public school academy. Students have the opportunity to earn their high school diploma and up to 60 credits towards an associate degree – tuition FREE – at Jackson Preparatory & Early College! It is located on the campus of Jackson College, authorizing partner for the school.
Students can earn a valuable credential while saving money and getting a head start toward their career or further study with Jackson College and/or other 4-year institutions.
Jackson Preparatory & Early College is an academically rigorous, relevant, engaging, student and success-focused environment wherein students become globally minded, academically prepared, and technologically advanced. The primary goal of JPEC is to prepare all students for college, work and life.
Jackson Preparatory & Early College is recognized as a world-class, personalized, small learning community, developing and implementing an environment that ensures success for all students in academics, on-time graduation, and college experiences.
- We inspire and encourage creativity, and balance, within the JPEC community
- We foster an environment where students with an array of abilities and diversities collaborate to inquire, and where we celebrate that different is different, not deficient
- We believe learning and growth takes place along a continuous progression personally connected with every individual learner to cultivate self-management for life, college, and career
- We establish trusting relationships by being mindful that individuals’ behaviors are governed by identity and beliefs they hold, and because everyone’s voice and values should be honored
- We believe passion, enthusiasm, and reflection are needed to be able to see, create, and experiment, and to continuously enhance our learning
- All decisions, BIG or small must be made putting the needs of the student’s first
- Relationships matter, and must be built and maintained with students and colleagues
- Realistic honesty grounds us as we seek and fulfill our dreams through meaningful conversation, connections to the real world, deeper understanding, and higher order thinking
- 21st century skills are absolutely essential and must be intentionally learned and practiced
- Conflicts and mistakes are learning opportunities that make us stronger